Here are ten very good reasons as to why you should consider buying organic bedding.
1. Reduce your exposure to chemicals:
A change to organic bedding will immediately reduce your exposure to potential chemical hazards by one third (based on the fact that most of us spend a third of our lives in bed!).
2. Support organic farming:
By choosing organic bedding you will be supporting organic agriculture which will encourage more farmers to use methods that are better for the environment and people!
3. You will be supporting safer and more ethical practices:
Farmers on organic farms are exposed to less chemicals. Every year, 60 million pounds of organophosphate pesticides are used on American crops and 17 million pounds are used for household pest control and sprays for lawns and gardens.
4. You will be encouraging the use of natural colors and natural dyes:
The chemical dying of fabric uses a lot of energy and produces huge quantities of toxic waste.
5. You will be supporting fair trade:
Soil Association standards for the production of textiles now set out in-depth requirements for safe working conditions and fair trade.
6. You will be reducing the allergens in the environment:
A recent scientific study suggested that one in four developmental and behavioural problems suffered by children may be linked to exposure to lead, mercury and organophosphate pesticides. By choosing organic fabric, you help to lower the level of potentially damaging chemical compounds.
7. You will help to cut down on toxic waste:
Organic fabrics will compost without adding any toxins to the soil.
8. You will be helping wildlife and biodiversity:
Organic farming helps every stage of the food-chain because fewer pesticides and fertilisers are used.
9. You will help to save energy:
Regular farming uses a huge amount of non-renewable fossil fuels. Organic farms use natural balances and considered ecological management to get rid of pests.
10. You can be proud to be part of the solution instead of part of the problem!